- ^ Mary-Ann Shafer, Anna-Barbara Moscicki (2006). "Sexually Transmitted Infections, 2006.": 1-8..
- ^ CNN.com
- ^ Archives in London and the M25 area (AIM25) London Lock Hospital records
- ^ Cook H, Furuya E, Larson E, Vasquez G, Lowy F (2007). "Heterosexual transmission of community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus". Clin Infect Dis 44 (3): 410-3. PMID 17205449..
- ^ Workowski K, Berman S (2006). "Sexually transmitted diseases treatment guidelines, 2006.". MMWR Recomm Rep 55 (RR-11): 1-94. PMID 16888612..
- ^ Wu J, Chen C, Sheen I, Lee S, Tzeng H, Choo K (1995). "Evidence of transmission of hepatitis D virus to spouses from sequence analysis of the viral genome.". Hepatology 22 (6): 1656-60. PMID 7489970..
- ^ Farci P. "Delta hepatitis: an update.". J Hepatol 39 Suppl 1: S212-9. PMID 14708706..
- ^ Shukla N, Poles M (2004). "Hepatitis B virus infection: co-infection with hepatitis C virus, hepatitis D virus, and human immunodeficiency virus.". Clin Liver Dis 8 (2): 445-60, viii. PMID 15481349..
- ^ abc.net.au
A Venereal disease (VD) a.k.a. sexually transmitted disease (STD), is an illness that has a significant probability of transmission between humans or animals by means of sexual contact, including vaginal intercourse, oral sex, and anal sex.
Increasingly, the term sexually transmitted infection (STI) is used, as it has a broader range of meaning; a person may be infected, and may potentially infect others, without showing signs of disease.
Some STIs can also be transmitted via the needles used in IV drug use, as well as through childbirth or breastfeeding.
Sexually transmitted infections have been well known for hundreds of years.
RWTech would like to be your source for domain name registration and more. Our offers are unique because all domains come with the free option to use our DNS.
For those of you unfamiliar with DNS, it's the way your domain name is tied to the number address the internet runs on.
Please help support VD.org and our sponsors by clicking on a sponsor ad. Thank you.